And as I write this, I get blamed for a non-basted project due to holding Keytah 2.0 all weekend.
So, this past week I went to my wife's (and I guess it is mine now) Quilt Guild. Tish and I presented our dyed fabric, our Meadow Mist (up-to-date) pieces and I presented my mom's finished quilt.
Basically an uneventful process for the most part. I found out (and feel that I already kind of knew it) that, at best, my MMDesign quilt along is going to be processed with cotton/poly blend...blah!!! No wonder that pretty fabric was not only a cheaper price point, but so dag-gone soft. I will make it through it, but am not looking forward to the rest of the process. We got to look through a small amount of fabric that was given to the guild. Someone was (sadly) moving to a smaller place and could not take their stash, so they donated it to our guild. I feel bad for that person, but we will put it to good use making quilts for those less fortunate.
Anyways, at the guild, they usually do a fabric give-away. They pick a color scheme (next month is Halloween blacks, orange, and purples). This one was fall colors. Everyone that brings a fat quarter is assigned a number, and Tish uses her random number generator and picks a number of winner....THAAAT'S MEEEEE!
The one agreement you must make is that you make something with the fabrics won and bring it in and show the guild what you have made. I am going to look for some green that matches the leaf fabric as well as some evergreen colors and make a table runner that will given to my mother-in-law. I have a couple ideas but then again I may just add-lib it and see what I come up with. May also try and find a deep red to throw in there too.
Now, on to bigger things. As I said prior, my wife blamed me for spending to much time doing nothing. We ended up with a second cat (actually a third), but this one is from the litter of Keytah 1.0 which we found a home for. This one was on its own for almost and entire month longer. Although it looked healthier, it is still skin and bone. It was much harder to catch, but actually became more friendly and quite a bit faster than keytah 1.0. I will be glad when it gets a clean bill of health and can be released into general population with the other animals. We wormed it and the poor little thing did in fact have worms. We are in debate, as it is small and much more fuzzy, but Tish thinks it is a male. I am not convinced. As she said apparently we are bad with biology/science 1.0.
So, without further ado....
If male...probably name him Junior, but not 100% on it....female...no clue.
Needless to say, I am a little more excited over Keytah 2.0 than the stash, but none the less it was a decent week. Aside from the truckload of driving that I had to do...and there is more of that to come.
No quilt work this weekend. Hope to finish up my Plus quilt chassis/top/flimsy this coming weekend.
Tonight I am linking up with Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash.